To ensure optimal durability and long lasting life of the heat transfer graphic t-shirt, you should follow few simple washing, drying and ironing rules listed below.
Washing Garments with Heat Transfers.
Washing garments with applied heat transfer appliques involves a little more effort than separating white from colored fabrics:
- To protect the graphic from abrasion due to rubbing of garments during wash cycle, turn the garment inside out.
- Wash the garment at low or water water temperature settings. Please refer to the washing instructions on the garment label. Ideally, similar fabrics should be separated and washed together.
- Use a milt detergent. Never use chlorine beach.
Drying Garments with Heat Transfers.
Driers usually have high heat and it can cause much more damage than washing. To prevent heat damage to appliques, follow the following easy steps:
- To protect the image from abrasion as garments rub against each other, turn it inside out.
- Tumble dry on low temperature settings. Avoid over-stuffing the drier as it will minimize wrinkles and also the clothes tumble as they dry.
- Don't over-dry your clothes. Remove clothes from the dryer when they are slightly damp. Best practice is to put the clothes on hangers for final drying. For better results, hang your clothes to dry on an old-fashioned clothes line. Do not hang the garments outside in the sun as that can cause fading.
Ironing Garments with Heat Transfers.
When ironing a garment with heat transfer graphics, turn the garment inside out, or cover the graphic with cotton cloth. If the hot iron touches the graphic, it will melt the film ruining the graphics!